How do I stop paying union dues?

All COC part-time instructors are required to pay AFT agency fees per the collective bargaining agreement with the Santa Clarita Community College District (SCCCD). While these fees are often called “union dues,” they are actually the fees collected by the union Local to help defray the costs of contract negotiation and other union services that benefit all part-time instructors, regardless of union membership. Non-members are called “fair share payers,” a term that refers to paying your fair share of the cost of negotiating your terms and conditions of employment.

Comments are closed.