Do I have to join the union?

No, you are not required to join the union to teach at College of the Canyons. Because you are covered by the collective bargaining agreement, union agency fees are deducted from your paycheck, but union membership is voluntary. Non-members are called “fair share payers,” indicating that though they are not members, they are paying their fair share of the cost of negotiating their terms and conditions of employment.

Comments are closed.